Friday, December 3, 2010

presentation 2 charles harris

The next presentation was one that I liked very much because I know I do this activity all the time. This activity is called eating out fast food restaurants. The groups topic was fast food restaurants and the ill effects they have on the people who consume their products. They started off with randam fact everyone is used to hearing because we have all turned on the new and heard burger king now has the largest quantity of calories in one meal or one drink. The group brought up and important fact that it is much cheaper for a family to buy fast food for their families than to buy healthy food from a grocery store. This is probly the biggest contributing factor to this fast food epidemic. If it is cheaper how can you blame a parents for feeding her child that especially if that’s all the parents can afford. With this in mind they came up with a solution the government needs to have a program where they decrease healthy groceries for people who cannot afford them this program would be exclusive to those families consider obese by the health department. This can help the problem America faces as being the fattest country on earth because we eat a lot of unhealthy food. They also talked about things like exercising which definitely will help and I think most people are on board for. Overall I thought they did a great job on the project and had great substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment