Friday, December 3, 2010

Michael Carney (Group Presentation 2)

This was the  best presenation it iwas very eye catching and the information was great. The title of this presentation is does the death penalty have a positive or negative effect within a state? Some of the facts about the death penalty are that it was first established in the 18th century B.C. They would perform  hangings, drowning, beatings, and burning to death. A very interesting  fact about this presentation is that the death penalty is the most expensive punishment. Over $1 million is spent and majority of people who are sentenced with the death penalty are white. The conclusion of this presentation is that it cost states more money to kill them than just holding them as prisoners.  There has been controversy over this topic for years and I disagree with it completely! I do  think there should be a death penalty because if you do the crime I feel as though you should suffer, howvere suffer in prison instead of dying . In my opinion they are giving the crminal the easy way out. This presentation was great and very informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment